Never underestimate the destructive power of a magnifying glass. Nissa-Lynn Parson of McKinney, Texas says her 12-year-old son, Cayden, got a magnifying glass for Christmas, and decided to use it to burn some holes in a newspaper in the family’s driveway. The newspaper burst into flames and the wind carried it to the front lawn, where the grass caught fire. There was no further damage and no injuries, but I’m sure magnifying glasses will now have to come with a scary consumer warning. (UPI)
Just so you know, you shouldn’t drive a horse and buggy while intoxicated. Recently four underage Amish men were arrested for driving their horse and buggy while drunk in Michigan. They were spotted in Beaverton Township by a concerned motorist that saw them throwing beer cans out of their buggy. Who says you need electricity to party?
Julie Miller showed up to her scheduled probation visit at the Pineville Police Department to take a urine test to make sure she was drug free. But when she emerged from the bathroom with her sample, cops became suspicious and questioned her — getting her to confess that she’d sneaked in urine, from her dog! Before they found out the sample was from a dog, they discovered that Julie was in heat.